Mission Statement & Goals
- It is our goal at Community Christian to provide each child with a happy, healthy, safe, and stimulating Christian environment. We endeavor to meet each child’s individual, cognitive, emotional, social, physical, and creative needs by providing them with many paths to travel. As they explore these various paths: dramatic play, music & movement, science, literature, Bible teaching, language skills, creative arts, large and small muscle experiences, they begin to acquire new knowledge.
- Children start to develop a positive self-concept, a sense of independence, and begin to attain the ability to express, understand, and control their feelings. In turn, they will learn to get along with others, as well as learn feelings of empathy and mutual respect among children and adults.
- In order to achieve our goals, the program is semi-structured. We offer children the opportunity to work independently and to participate in constructive group activities.
- Community Christian Preschool, Prekindergarten, and Day Care Center is legally licensed to operate by the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services. The School operates in cooperation with the Preschool Board of Community Church of Portage Lakes. The school is supervised and operated by the Administrator.
- The Center is licensed for 8 toddlers, 101 preschool children, and 36 school age children.
- This Center offers both full time and part time care for children. The programs we provide are Preschool, Prekindergarten, and Before and After School care.
- The Center does not discriminate against children on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin.
- To know Christ, His life changing power, and to make Him known.
- Community Christian Preschool & Day Care is a Christian facility. The children are taught Bible based principles in their classroom and during Chapel Time.
- We accept the Scriptures as our authority in matters of faith and practice.
Staff & Teaching Teams
Director- Debbie Allen
Financial Secretary- Debbie Obreza
Food Services- Becky Oden
Science- Susan Ratliff
Preschool I- Jenny Cuffman and Brooke Eplin
Preschool II- Shelly Sandmann and Shannon Wolfe
Pre K III- Caitlin Martter and Darla Uhl
Pre K II- April Bradford and Christina Dalton
Pre K I- Anne Osburn and Jeanne Bartlett
School Age- Shelly Sandmann (AM) and Cathey Buffington (PM)